* For admission information in English, please call 2898 2128 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to Download the English Application Form
2024/25 K1 Admission Arrangements Flowchart
1. If parents cannot submit the RC/AP to the KG which their child has been admitted to during the Centralised Registration Dates, our School may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application to EDB within the designated period.
2. If a child is admitted after the Centralised Registration Dates, his/her parent is still required to submit the RC/AP for registration. If the parent intends to change school for his/her child after registration with us, he/she is required to get back the RC/AP from us. Upon getting back the RC/AP, we will no longer reserve the place for the child. The registration fee paid will not be refunded.
Request for application Forms (No quota)
1. Directly from the school during the office hours: Monday to Friday (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM) / Saturday (9:00 AM-12:30 PM)
2. Download the application form from the above link
3. Call 2898 2128 and fax to request
4. Request by post:
Attach a self-addressed envelope to our school : G/F CHEUK WAH HOUSE, HING WAH(I) ESTATE, CHAI WAN, HONG KONG
- K1：at least 2 years and 8 months old
- K2：at least 3 years and 8 months old
- K3：at least 4 years and 8 months old
Submission of Application Forms
1. Date: Application forms can be submitted throughout the whole year without time limit, interviews will be arranged according to the year of enrollment.
2. Method: Personal or by mail (enough stamp fee is required)
3. Submit the application form with the following documents:
- Copy of Birth certificate
- Proof of right of abode in Hong Kong (for those not borned in Hong Kong), such as a One-Way Permit or a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode in Hong Kong
- A copy of the student's injection record
- Completed application form with a recent photo attached
- 6 envelopes (at least 4X9 inches in size) addressed to the student with a $2.2 stamp on each
Application Fee of HK$40 (application submitted by mail, please pay by cheque, payable to: St. James Lutheran Kindergarten), please do not mail cash, the registration fee is non-refundable.
Application for the 2024/25 Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission
- Under the Free Quality Kindergarten Education policy scheme, every child needs to apply for a“Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” as the document for registration for 2024/2025 school year.
- Parents are required to apply for the “2024/2025 Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred to as “2024/2025 RC”) to EDB from Sept to Nov 2023. The details for applying “2023/2024 RC” is available at the EDB’s website.
1. Brother/sister is a kindergarten graduate
2. Siblings are current students
3. Living nearby
4. Overall interview performance
- Interviews will be arranged on 11th November, 2023. Please attend the interviews accoring to the“Interview Notice”.
- Interviews are conducted through observation and conversation.
- Only one parent is requested to accompany children to attend the interview.
- The whole interview procedure lasts for around half an hour.
- If Non-Chinese Speaking Family needs to have translation service, please inform our school office when parents submit the application form. We welcome parents to invite one relative who can speak in Cantonese to attend the interview for better communication.
Announcement of Interview Results
We will inform parents of the K1 interview results before 15 December 2023.
1.Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 4 to 6 January 2024 (Centralised Registration Dates) by submitting the School Admission Letter, the original of the “2024/2025 RC” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
2. Applicants on the waiting list: The Kindergarten will issue School Admission Letter to parent, Parents should complete the registration procedures for their children and submit the“2024/2025 RC” according to the specific date and time designated by the school.
3. Parents are required to submit the original of the “2024/2025 RC” to the kindergarten. Parents please handle the relevant application as soon as possible.
4. Registration Fee - half-day classes HK$970, whole day classes HK$1,500. The registration fee will be refunded in September if your child is admitted to our school. If parents decide to change to another school, you need to inform to our school with a written letter. Upon the written withdrawal notice, that the registration certificate will be returned but the registration fee will not be refunded. Our school will no longer reserve the school place for that child concerned.